Sunday, August 9, 2009

Girlfriends





Nothing takes the place of girlfriend time. I probably should say women friends or something more age appropriate but girlfriends sounds right to me.
My sister-in-law, Brenda (aka BB) and our friends, Co(aka Colleen), Cat (aka Cathy), Brenda’s sister, Ree (aka Susie), and me (aka DD), got together for several days here at the mountain house. We could definitely be the Ya Ya Sisterhood, but we are trying to find a suitable name for our group. We did think the Poodles would be a good name for us but not all agree so we are still in search of a name.



When we met last year we went white water rafting and stayed here at the mountain house.
This year we just ate, talked, laughed, went shopping, painted pottery at “Let’s Get Fired”and ate some more.
The time we met before this was in Florida and we went to the Strawberry Festival and saw Lonestar, took a tour of Tampa and lots more of the same above…eat, talk, laugh, shop, repeat. We always enjoy spending time together and look forward to our next gathering.
When we went to paint pottery we were sure we’d have fun because we always do when we are together, however, what did blow us away was our artwork on the pottery. Ree was especially impressive. She painted a bowl and it was SO artistic with leaves and flowers painted on. Beautiful! I can’t wait to see them all because I must admit, they ALL looked very good.

When we went to Biltmore Village, we stopped in Blue; a handmade art place that has incredible jewelry and pottery, etc. We met Jack there and he was a lot of fun. He eventually gave Co a free ring and we teased her plenty about it. We were quite a lively bunch and the shop owners appreciated that I think. :)

BB even read a night time story to us. It was an adventure with Walter the Farting Dog. We are one bunch of women who KNOW how to have fun!!! What a narrator BB is; full of emotion and action like a book like Walter needs. Awesome!

What an incredible group of women. I am so blessed to have them in my life. They live close by each other in SC with the exception of me here in NC and Ree in TN, so they do a lot together. They walk for breast cancer research and just for their own good health in SC. It sure would be nice to live closer to all of them. I won’t be greedy though; I’ll be thankful for our gatherings as they are, when they are.