Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving 2009


Today was such a non-traditional but great day for me. I went with my friends, Eunice and Dawn, to The Biltmore Estate for the Thanksgiving buffet. The food was incredible…every single thing was so good. The place was decorated for Christmas and the buffets looked like works of art. The windows of the Deer Park Restaurant were from ceiling to roof and it just brought the outdoors in. The whole atmosphere reminded me so much of Tavern on the Green in NYC when my family and I had dinner there one night before Christmas. The day was cool, crisp, and sunny. We had perfect weather, not to mention the wonderful friends I had to spend the day with. This was such a special day for me and although I missed my family, it was a nice change for Thanksgiving day. I find it's good to break with tradition occasionally and step outside the box and that has proven true for this year's celebration.

I'm thankful for so much and so many in my life. I am so truly blessed with family and friends, too. I love each one of you. My husband, Bill; children,, Brian(who is always with me though not here on earth), Jeni:, my son-in-law, Tom and all his family who are now our family as well; my daughter, Angie, my granddaughters, Alyssa, Valerie, Brittanie, and Paige; and my great grandsons Jordon, Logan and Jake. I'm thankful for my brothers, and my mom, Bill's sisters and brother, and our extended families. For all my dear friends, too, I wish a very happy Thanksgiving and holiday season. I want to name you all but there is the fear of missing someone so I'll just say that all of you are a blessing to me.

6 comments:

Mary said...

Ooohh, it would be absolutely wonderful to partake of the Thanksgiving buffet at the Biltmore Estates, I'm sure! Lucky you for being able to do that....I have such fond memories of the Biltmore.

Judy Roney said...

I have memories of our group here at the house and just about every major place in my life here. :) We had a great time didn't we. :)

Anonymous said...

Judy
Belated thanksgiving wishes..Always enjoy your blog. My Thanksgiving was very different as well, not so much the menu, venue or participants but rather my role.."passing" the baton..is what I felt like..lol.
CA

Mary said...

We sure did, Judy...wonderful memories!

Judy Roney said...

CA, Sounds like our Thanksgivings were similar this year. I like the idea of passing the baton, though. I'll have to talk to my daughter about that. LOL

Nishant said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.