Friday, May 8, 2009

Wedding Anniversary


Since I added my long stem red roses to my blog on the mountain house, I thought I should give these roses equal time, at least.
Bill and I celebrated our 39th wedding anniversary on May 2. It's been a ride and most of it wonderful. The bad didn't have to do with our relationship but we do believe the bad times made ourmarriage stronger. Even the horror of the death of our son didn't change the way we felt about each other or the love we share. Again, it made us stronger. Our thinking is that if you can make it through that, you can make it through anything.
This man is the love of my life and all the sappy phrases and thoughts apply here. I really am blessed and am thankful every day of my life that I met and married this man.
This anniversary we are taking a cruise to Russia and Scandinavia. We go in June and really look forward to it. In the mean time, he sent me roses and they are still gorgeous one week later. It was a nice surprise since I knew we weren't celebrating until next month.
Life is good and I'm hoping for another thirty-nine years with this man.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Happy Anniversary, Judy and Bill. Your upcoming cruise sounds wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for your Anniversary and many more happy years togeher..We celebrate 40 years in November but have not made any grand plans as yet..but maybe we could...lol..
CA

Judy Roney said...

Oh, I sincerely hope that you do make plans for the biggy, 40 years, CA. I haven't gone on my 39th anniversary cruise and I'm thinking in the back of my mind...40 is THE biggy! LOL Bill will not be happy to read this. LOL
Hope you do something really cool, you have plenty of time to plan it. :)

Victoria said...

Indeed another forty years with this man - such sweet love that endures. I really believe that as individuals and as couples, families we can add anything that happens to us in some way (even horrors) and we can let even blessings diminsh us. Always a choice. I like hte choices you and Bill make.