Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fourth of July








The fourth was a nice day. I arrived at Mom’s in SC and two of my brothers and sisters in law were already there. Al&Brenda, Mike& June had waited for me before going to the Lexington County Peach Festival. There was an antique car show that the guys really enjoyed. When I think antique car I’m thinking a 30’s, 40’s car. Well, surprise for me, they are all cars from my childhood and young adulthood. What’s up with that???

We went through the arts and crafts part of the Festival but the shows were nice because they were under lots of shade and very pleasant. The O’Kaysions were good and sang the oldies.

The best part was the homemade peach ice cream, peach smoothie ,peach tea, peach shake, peach cobbler, peach muffins, peach bread, peach pound cake, and the plain old juicy tasty South Carolina peach…yum!

We arrived back at Mom’s and Wayne arrived shortly. We had a huge dinner. Mom had made a ham that was wonderful and Brenda made potato salad and she had made several cakes and a peach cobbler that was to die for.

We heard the fireworks going off from her porch but couldn’t really see any. It was nice sitting out on the porch on this summer day filled to the gills with ham and cobbler and enjoying being together on this holiday.

No comments: