Monday, September 13, 2010

Apple Orchard


Barbers Orchard is open and I’ve decided to go on an apple diet. Honey Crisps are ripe now and so I started with those yummy best apples ever. They are in for such a short time that I feel lucky when I hit the orchard at just the right time. The rest of my apple diet consists of apple turnovers, apple muffins with nuts and raisins, apple caramel cookies and a slice of apple pie. That should do it for this week. I don’t know how long I’ll be able to stick to this apple diet but if it’s true to par for other diets for me; It should last a day or two. Viva la apple!

3 comments:

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Judy,
I saw your comment on Nancy Simpson's bog and decided to visit your blog. You have an excellent blog and I sure love apples at this time of the year. I also enjoy reading your writing.

Judy Roney said...

I was so pleasantly surprised to see your comment on my blog, Brenda. YOU are one of the people that I feel so honored to be associated with you by being in "Echoes Across the Blue Ridge". I am truly amazed. I love to name drop and do so to all my friends though. :)
I am writing about the book that I finally held in my hands for the first time a few days ago. I am so impressed with this book and SO proud to have my poem included.

Mary said...

I am really enjoying honey crisp apples too. They are expensive, but what the heck. Granddaughter likes them too. Apples are so good this tie of year@