Friday, January 15, 2010

I have been spending my online time in Facebook so much that I had to set blogging more as my goal!
My friend, Jean, arrives here this afternoon. She lives with her husband in Hilton Head and will be driving all this way today. We will meet up with two other friends , Marlene and Judy, at Tampa International Airport and fly to Cancun Mexico on Saturday. We will stay at an all-inclusive resort in Cancun for a week. I look forward to seeing my friends. They all live fairly close but it seems like we don't see each other unless it's some far away place. LOL
To start the week off wonderfully well (not) I have a cold. Drats. I don't even have a voice today. I promised Jean I would not loose my voice and I would be better when she saw me. I have until 3 p.m. today to carry through with those promises! Thankfully I am thought the worst of the cold and will finish out the residuals of it in Cancun sun and fun. We will take side trips and attend shows, etc, but most of the time will be just relaxing and soaking up the atmosphere.
I'm thinking of my daughter right now who was married and honeymooned in an all inclusive resort. That is the first time I had heard of them. It sounds incredible, especially for me since my friend Marlene has points from her time share that will get us there and we will be there or a week for a price that is incredible. I feel so fortunate. I have traveled with these women several other times and we've always had a great time.
I especially like the fact that I just relax and go along. Two of the women are wonderful planners for travel and one is an x travel agent so I really have it made..this time in Cancun.
Enough of that. I am going to check to see if I should throw out my Zicam that I just heard is causing permanent smell and taste loss in some. I have taken so much of it the last week it's probably too late anyway. I was counting on it cutting my cold short but since it's day six now and I'm still sick, it hasn't done a stellar job of that anyway. Hope I can still smell the flowers in Mexico.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Judy, I am glad that you are back in your blog again. I check daily for updates.

Enjoy our time in Cancun. I hope you feel better.

Stay away from Zicam!